The Official Rules for Half Moon Bay's Safeway World Championship Pumpkin Weigh-Off are as follows:
- This event is open to growers of giant competition-sized pumpkins only.
- Pumpkins must be grown, cared for, and entered by the weigh-off contestant.
- Each contestant is limited to one entry.
- Pumpkins that have won prizes in any other weigh-off competitions are not eligible.
- In the event of a tie, prize money will be distributed equally among the tied parties.
- Decisions of the judges are final in all cases.
- The weigh-off will be conducted in accordance with GPC rules.
DELIVERY OF ENTRIES:
Growers are responsible for bringing their entries to the weigh-off by 7:00 a.m. Weigh-off staff will move pumpkins by forklift. ALL entries will be handled with care.
The weighing and inspection will be officiated by the GPC and San Mateo County Department of Agriculture Office of Weights and Measures. The official weighing will be conducted using a 2-ton capacity digital scale.
GROWER PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED:
This event is open to growers of giant competition-sized pumpkins only. Growers are required to pre-register online on through the Eventbrite registration page. This will help us manage and control the event and provide an accurate count of entries. Participating growers are allowed to have a limited number of family and assistants (max. 4 including grower). Your cooperation will help us run a well-organized event.
If you register and have tickets but are not a grower or are not entering a giant competition-sized pumpkin, you will not be admitted due to COVID restrictions. We’ll be live-streaming the weigh-off on Facebook!